Didier Deneuter has extensive experience and insight in legal and business practices within the creative industries: music, television and film, visual & theatrical arts, advertising, design, fashion, media, and sports.
Didier heads the creative industries team. Clients include a broad range of both artists and industry players in these sectors.
His passion and commitment to the creative sector have led him to accept pro bono positions on the boards of several cultural organizations promoting music and the arts.
| Contact: email@example.com • office +32 2 427 39 00
- Lecturer and regular speaker at conferences in matters related to his practice areas.
- Third party decider at the Prague-based EURid Arbitration Court resolving .EU domain name disputes.
- Law degree (KU Leuven)
- DESS in Intellectual Property Law at the University Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris)
- Lawyer at the Brussels Bar since 1994
- Ulys – founding partner (2007 – 2011)
- Modo law (since 2011)
- Languages: Dutch, English, French, German
Dominique Walravens focusses on property law and (international) business law.
In property law, she works for different players in the real estate market, covering all civil law aspects, and more in particular issues related to commercial lease, construction, co-ownership, buying and selling of property and easements. Since 2005, she has been appointed as a deputy judge in Brussels (Etterbeek), the jurisdiction, competent for, among others, all matters related to lease agreements and co-ownership. Because of her involvement in the real estate part of due diligence procedures, she gained particular knowledge on soil pollution.
In (international) business law, she focusses on distribution, agency and franchising, both litigation and advisory work. She acts for principals as well as agents; franchisors as well as franchisees. A lot of her work relates to the Belgian Act of 1961 on unilateral termination of exclusive and quasi-unilateral distribution agreements concluded for an indefinite term, since 2014 incorporated in the Code on Economic law, book X, title 3.
Dominique is a fierce proponent of alternative dispute resolution. She is a licensed mediator and holds a certificate in collaborative negotiations. Since she is fully bi-lingual in Dutch and French, she is frequently appointed by the CCAI (Chambre de Conciliation, d’Arbitrage et Médiation en matière Immobilière) to intervene in real estate disputes.
| Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • office +32 2 427 39 00
- Law degree (KU Leuven 1997)
- Erasmus – University of Picardie, France (1993-1994)
- Erasmus – University of Salamanca (1995-1996)
- Master degree Business Law (Université Libre de Bruxelles 1999)
- Languages: Dutch, French, English, Spanish
Jan focuses on commercial and trade law as well as dispute resolution in general. He assists a diverse local and international clientele, a.o. in drafting and negotiating various types of commercial agreements. He also has extensive experience as a litigator, representing the interests of clients before courts, tribunals and arbitration tribunals.
Jan’s expertise is in transport law & logistics in the widest sense. His engagement in different social and economic organizations gives him a wide range of general knowledge and insights that go beyond the strictly legal and which add value for his clients.
| Contact: email@example.com • office +32 2 427 39 00 • mobile +32 472 30 22 23
- Master of Law – Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KUL), Belgium
- Postgraduate degree (DESS) in European law – University Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris, France
- Lawyer at the Bar of Brussels, Belgium since 1987
- Languages: Dutch, French, English (fluent) & German (reading)
Michiel Verraes specializes in insolvency law, company law, and litigation.
He advises Belgian and international clients and represents these clients before the courts or in formal or informal restructuring procedures. Michiel also drafts and negotiates merger & acquisition contracts.
Focusing on restructuring Michiel has significant experience advising clients on enforcement, asset recovery, and director’s liability.
Michiel receives regular appointments as a bankruptcy trustee, liquidator, or provisional administrator from the Commercial Court. He was an insolvency practitioner appointed by the court in the bankruptcy proceedings of the three Belgian entities of the DUSSMANN Group, SSANGYONG BELGIUM, and COOL CAT BELGIUM.
| Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • office +32 2 427 39 00
- Law degree (KU Leuven 1999)
- Erasmus – University of Poitiers, France (1997-1998)
- Bankruptcy trustee Commercial Court Brussels since 2007
- Bankruptcy trustee Commercial Court Leuven since 2021
- Member of the Council of the Dutch-speaking Bar of Brussels (2013-2016)
- Treasurer of the Council of the Dutch-speaking Bar of Brussels (2014-2016)
- Member of the finance commission of the Flemish Bar Association (2014-2016)
- Member of the insolvency commission of the Flemish Bar Association
- Languages: Dutch, French, English
Inge De Bruyn started her legal career in labor law, handling mostly intellectual property issues in an employment context. She soon transitioned to a media & entertainment practice, where she focussed on music & copyright law.
In 2005, Inge co-founded an artist management company and for 15 years guided careers of both platinum-selling musicians and emerging new talent.
In 2019, Inge joined the State Bar of California and mans our US office in Los Angeles. She counsels clients across the creative industries and provides both transactional and litigation support.
| Contact: email@example.com
- Master in Law (2000, University of Antwerp, with honors)
- Post-graduate Master in Intellectual Property Law (2002, University of Brussels – KUB)
- Bar Admissions
- Lawyer at the Bar of Brussels, Belgium
- Lawyer at the State Bar of California, USA
- Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Languages: Dutch, English, French (fluent), German (reading)
Maarten has advised companies for many years, focusing on companies in the construction sector and companies in financial difficulties. His in-depth experience covers the whole range of legal and commercial tools such as negotiations, arbitration, reorganizations, bankruptcies, and other forms of (insolvency) mechanisms. He combines those with a pragmatic approach, strong commercial and human insight to find the best tailor-made solution for you and your company.
The courts of Brussels and Ghent regularly entrust him with the liquidation of companies as a bankruptcy liquidator or judicial liquidator. In addition, he is frequently appointed arbitrator by the Arbitration Institute in construction and real estate disputes.
Maarten has gained experience in a mid-sized Brussels law firm and works in Dutch, French, and English, and has a working knowledge of Spanish.
| Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org • office +32 2 427 39 00
- Law degree Ghent University (2011)
- European mediation training for practitioners of Justice (2013)
- Arbitrator institute of Arbitration (2013)
- Former lecturer United International Business School (2014-2015 / course: Patents and Trademarks)
- Bankruptcy liquidator Brussels (2017)
- Bankruptcy liquidator Ghent (2021)
- Languages: Dutch, French, English (fluent), Spanish (working knowledge)
After gaining broad experience in general business law and real estate law, Ellis Vandorpe joined Modo in 2018. In the creative industries and not-for-profit sector, Ellis mainly handles general business and commercial law cases. In our real estate practice, she focuses on lease, construction, and alternative property management forms, such as co-housing and temporary use of vacant buildings. By combining her know-how across different legal domains, Ellis assists our clients in a cross-section of industries with both transactional matters and litigation.
| Contact: email@example.com • office +32 2 427 39 00
- Master in Law (2012, University of Ghent, cum laude)
- Erasmus at Technische Universität Dresden (2011)
- Lawyer at the Bar of Ghent (2013 – 2018)
- Lawyer at the Bar of Brussels (2018)
- Languages; Dutch, French, English, German